Parents‎ > ‎

Home Access Center/Online Registration Info

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What is Home Access Center?

A. Home Access Center, or HAC, is a web-based system that is used as a way to provide parents with online access to their child’s academic progress in individual classes, as well as through online report cards. HAC is also the system by which parents to verify their student’s registration information online. Busing information is also available through HAC.

Q. How do I access HAC?
A. There is a link on the front page of our website, or you can bookmark this link into your browser: 

Q. What if I can't remember my user name or password?
A. Please use the "Forgot My Username/Password" feature to reset your password. NOTE: This feature will not work if HAC is closed for summer maintenance.

Q. I would like to review my child's grades and/or report card, but I'm not sure where to start. Can you give me some guidance?
A. Please see the video tutorial at right, or review the HAC User Assistance guide at right.

Q. What is registration verification?
A. Registration verification is the process through which the district updates the information that is provided upon a child’s registration or enrollment in the district. This information includes phone numbers, email addresses and home addresses, as well as emergency contacts. We ask that parents verify this information annually so that we can ensure our information is up-to-date and that communication between school and home takes place effectively and efficiently.

Q. Why do I have to submit information online when I have already sent this information to school on a paper form?
A. The paper form you submit at the beginning of the year is for our nursing staff and is not used as the basis for the information we store in our student information system. 

Q. Why was this process moved online?

A. We decided to move the process online as a way to save on the costs associated with printing these forms out, and to save on the amount of labor that was involved in entering all of the data provided on those paper forms into our student database.

Q. What will I be asked to verify once I log into HAC?

A. You will be asked to review all of the information associated with your child(ren), including email addresses, emergency contacts, and phone numbers. You will be allowed to update information that has changed, with the exception of home address. If your address has changed over the last year, you must make an appointment at your child’s building in order to change that information and provide proof of residency. You will also be asked to acknowledge your understanding of student use of Google/Web 2.0 applications and the district's acceptable use policy. In addition, you will be asked to indicate whether or not your child's parent/guardian is an active member of the military.

Q. I have more than one child attending PV schools. Do I need to go through this process for each child I have?

A. Yes. Similar to when we sent paper forms home to families, we had a form for each child. We need an online registration completed for each child as well.

Q. Why can’t I change address information in HAC?

A. We do not allow online changes to student addresses because we need to be able to review and verify any items you might provide as proof of your residency in our district (such as a deed, mortgage statement, utility bill, etc).

Q. Is there a way for me to know that my changes have been made?

A. Yes – when you click the “save” button at the bottom left, your changes will appear highlighted in yellow.

Q. Is there a way for me to make changes once my child’s form is submitted?

A. Yes, you may make changes on your form after submitting it. Be sure to click the “submit” button after making any adjustments to ensure that the changes are processed.

Q. How do I know you’ve received my information?

A. You will receive an email notification once your form has been processed. This may take some time. It will not occur as soon as you hit the “submit” button.

Q. Why is only one parent or guardian allowed to verify student information?
A. When we asked families to verify student information using paper forms, we only sent home one form per family. We are maintaining this practice for the online registration process because it will help minimize the potential for mistakes and duplication. The parent/guardian listed as “Guardian 1” in our system will be the person able to verify student information.

Q. Will parents who do not have access to verify student information online be able to see what information is associated with their child(ren)?
A. Yes. Parents who are not verifying their child’s information can have access to what is being provided if they call their child’s school and ask for a printed copy. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, and are examining ways to change this procedure in the future.

Q. Our family doesn’t have access to a computer at home to make these changes. What can we do?
A. You may call your child’s building and request that a paper registration verification form to be sent home with your child(ren).

Review the document below for Home Access Center User Assistance